Friday, January 23, 2009

Fun Stuff

I really should be posting my review of Eclipse, since I just finished it today, but book reviews are challenging and I'm warming up to work on my story some more, so I'm going to be relaxed and write a fun post for once. Everything has to have a non-serious side, right? Even a serious blog? ;)

I took a friendship quiz on www.blogthings.com, and here are my results:

You Are A Good Friend You're always willing to listen to your friends.And you're the first to lend a shoulder to cry on.You're there through thick and thin. You won't stop being friends with someone when times are tough.In fact, you're such a good friend that many people consider you their "best friend"!

Aww! And yet, it is an internet quiz...hmm. Well, I was going to give the link, but the window very mysteriously went away...:( Guess I should be more careful.

I have officially played the dorkiest, most amusing game ever. It's a version of "blind date" made by the RNIB (Royal National Institute for the Blind). I wasted a lot of time that could have been used more productively playing with it, but it really was highly amusing! I got to date an Elvis impersonater who really needs to work on his acting skills, how lucky am I? LOL Oh yeah, and a geek who sounded like he was reading his lines right off a paper. Probably was. *sighs* Alas for my luck. LOL
I have found a new favorite singer: Brandon Heath. I've had one of his albums on my computer for a while now, and I always liked it, but the other night, when I was listening to it after a really miserable day, it took on new meaning, and I realized that he really has an uncommonly fine tenor voice. Not many Christian artists can pull off what he does: good music *and* meaningful lyrics *and* a really lovely voice. If this catches anyone's interests, check out "Beauty Divine," "The Light," "Love Never Fails," "Sunrise," "Red Sky," "I Will Lay You Down," "Steady Now," "You Decide," "Let's Make It Last," and "I'm Not Who I was." Yes, I have a lot of favorites. :)

I was playing the piano after supper tonight, going over the three versions of the lullaby that Edward composes for Bella in Twilight, unable to decide which one is really going to be it. I like the music from the movie, but it's just not a lullaby. The last one (of mine) is too dark, but still would make a cool vampire theme or something. The first one is almost too light. I think the second one is going to be it. My nine-year-old brother was listening to me play it and first asked right away if it was a lullaby, and second said immediately after that it made him feel sad in a way, and that it "has a lot of emotion." My brother constantly surprises me. But I did realize why I've been having difficulty - because I've been trying to compose from the perspective of someone who would be almost a hundred years old, though he never physically aged past seventeen. Kind of interesting to really contemplate that. Still, I think I've settled on the right one. I really wish there was a way to put it up on this blog after I get it recorded...if I ever get it recorded. It's incredibly hard to play. And while I'm talking about that, here is another fan's rendition, with lyrics, posted on YouTube. It is so amazing. It makes me cry and gives me goose bumps every time I hear it. I don't even know what it is that strikes the cord, but something definitely does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpjqj7tktUU

Okay, well, now that I'm all teary-eyed, that's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I haven't paid very much attention to Brandon Heath before, but I will make a special point to in the future. I've heard the song "I'm Not Who I Was" and I really like it.

    You're writing versions of Bella's Lullaby?? Nicole, that's amazing! That's so cool! I would *love* to hear them sometime!

    I'll check out the youtube link soon. My computer's sound is messing up lately, though, so I'm not really sure when.

    ReplyDelete